I'm conducting a test post, so here's a short and snarky poem to munch on for breakfast today. Thanks for reading!
Pro(blem)verbs
By: Alisha Grace Scott
Oil and water just don’t mix.
Tell that to the dozens of naked emperors
guzzling cocktails of crude oil and holy water.
The early bird catches the worm.
Write a melody for that and tweet it out loud
to all the starving birds who don’t even sleep.
The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Let all the flat tires plagued with laryngitis
know that they didn’t cry out loud enough.
There’s safety in numbers.
Don’t forget to share that with the rest
of the lemmings as you near the cliff’s edge.
Thanks for being the first Alisha! Nice work!
ReplyDeleteSee? I already love getting to see the way you write! Thanks, Alisha.
ReplyDeleteThanks, ladies! IThis is fun... I hope others get on board and start sharing stuff too. Lawd knows I have folders and folders of this junk/treasure.
ReplyDeleteYes, thanks Alisha! Thanks for getting the hammock swinging. I too love to see the writing. Will pony up after my daughter's bday bash and first packet is behind me. And thanks Julia for stringing this thing up. You rock!
ReplyDeleteOMG Alisha, how cool! Like Julia said, I already love getting to see the way you write. Just what I needed to read today. =)
ReplyDelete